Sunday, June 02, 2019

It's Sunday Night

I have loved nature all my life, but, only worked in the field for the past 20 years. It is my new drug and has been for 20 years.

I recommend the natural world to anyone, especially parents and children, teens and young adults. 

I have never once found an open or closed bottle of alcohol in any meeting room, any vehicle or backpack during the 20 years in the field. I have never had a colleague drunk or high. That is a fair number of people over twenty years. I have been able to work with some of the finest scientists on the planet. They are internationally renowned, have discovered new species and were honored to have the species name as their own, they work governments and private organizations. They are by far some of the finest people I have ever known and have never regretted not one day in having joined them.

My peers don't do drugs. Think about it. The most exotic it gets is home brewed beer when we gather. It is fun. We have a good time and always have lots to talk about.

I am serious when I say, the natural work can be intoxicating in a way that hones the senses and makes sense out of an otherwise chaotic and rat race world.