Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Guam has no military. It has no way of protecting itself. Guam is a peaceful territory of the USA.

Guam has a highly diverse population, including, Korean and Chinese nationality.

These are USA citizens.

Chamorro 37.3%
Filipino 26.3%
White 7.1%
Chuukese 7%
Korean 2.2%
Other Pacific Islander 2%
Other Asian 2%
Chinese 1.6%
Palauan 1.6%
Japanese 1.5%
Pohnpeian 1.4%
Mixed 9.4%
Other 0.6% (2010 est.)

Kim Jong-un needs to consider how any attack on a minor group of islands and people would be received by the global community. It would be hideous for North Korea to consider such wrongful acts.

The five permanent members of the United Nations have nuclear weapons. They don't have to kill people to prove they have that capacity. North Korea needs to consider the respect it is looking for and the methods it contemplates to achieve it.

A basketball contest would receive more respect by the world than firing such a heinous missile. The World Cup receives respect. Every country on the face of Earth regards that sport gathering vital to their country's identity. So, a basketball contest falls into that category. 

North Korea needs to seek respect in ways other country's seek it. 

This is just insane. Temperatures of a nuclear explosion, energy or weapon.

Nuclear energy (click here) is produced from changes in nuclei. The advantages of nuclear energy are that it produces a large amount of useful energy from a very small amount of fuel and does not produce waste gases. However, it is very difficult to handle nuclear waste. There is always a chance where there can be a serious accident if something goes wrong.

There are two primary methods of producing nuclear energy. The first is fission, which occurs when the heavy nucleus of a radioactive element like uranium or plutonium splits in two and the second is fusion, in which light nuclei are joined together as occurs in the Sun....

Approximately 85 percent of the energy of a nuclear weapon (click here) produces air blast, shock waves and thermal energy. The remaining 15 percent of the energy is released as various type of nuclear radiation.

The thermal energy is usually around 35% of the total energy released. A 100 kt nuclear explosion releases 116,222 MWh of energy of this 40,678 MWh is released as heat. That’s enough heat to melt 136,000 tons of steel.

...The "yield" of a nuclear weapon (click here) is a measure of the amount of explosive energy it can produce. The yield is given in terms of the quantity of TNT that would generate the same amount of energy when it explodes. Thus, a 1 kiloton nuclear weapon is one which produces the same amount of energy in an explosion as does 1 kiloton (1,000 tons) of TNT. Similarly, a 1 megaton weapon would have the energy equivalent of 1 million tons of TNT. One megaton is equivalent to 4.18 x 1015 joules....

Tropical Storm Franklin has a central pressure of 996 over the Yucatan and headed to the Gulf of Mexico.

August 8, 2017
UNISYS Water Vapor Satellite of north and west hemisphere (click here for 12 hour loop - thank you)

I told you so. Get the methane under control, now!

August 7, 2017
By Lisa Friedman

Washington — The average temperature (click here) in the United States has risen rapidly and drastically since 1980, and recent decades have been the warmest of the past 1,500 years, according to a sweeping federal climate change report awaiting approval by the Trump administration.

The draft report by scientists from 13 federal agencies, which has not yet been made public, concludes that Americans are feeling the effects of climate change right now. It directly contradicts claims by President Trump and members of his cabinet who say that the human contribution to climate change is uncertain, and that the ability to predict the effects is limited.

“Evidence for a changing climate abounds, from the top of the atmosphere to the depths of the oceans,” a draft of the report states. A copy of it was obtained by The New York Times.

The authors note that thousands of studies, conducted by tens of thousands of scientists, have documented climate changes on land and in the air. “Many lines of evidence demonstrate that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse (heat-trapping) gases, are primarily responsible for recent observed climate change,” they wrote....