PORTSMOUTH, N.H. —A section of Route 1 in Portsmouth was shut down and homes and businesses were evacuated Thursday because of a gas leak.
Officials said an employee of Allen Wayside Furniture opened the store at about 8 a.m. and noticed a strong odor of gas. That employee called 911, and fire crews found what they called extremely high gas readings.
Power was cut to the building, a section of Route 1 was shut down and the area was evacuated....

Con Ed Hunting for Possible Gas Leak in 127-Year-Old Pipe (click here)
Wednesday, March 12, 2014