Tuesday, February 07, 2017

February 7, 2017

Russia and Turkey have both been conducting air strikes on al-Bab 

ISIL is now surrounded by Syrian army (click here) from the south and by Turkish-backed rebels from the north, monitoring group says.

Syrian government forces have advanced on the ISIL-held city of al-Bab, cutting off the last supply route that connects it to the armed group's strongholds further east towards Iraq, according to a monitoring group.

ISIL fighters in the area are now effectively surrounded by the Syrian army from the south and by Turkish-backed rebels from the north, as Damascus and Ankara race to capture the largest stronghold of the armed group in Aleppo province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Monday.

The British-based war monitor, which tracks developments in Syria's conflict, added that the army and allied militia had made gains southeast of al-Bab overnight and fought ISIL there on Monday.

Backed by air strikes, they severed a road that links the city to other ISIL-held territory in Raqqa and Deir Az Zor provinces, it said.

A military commander in the alliance fighting in support of President Bashar al-Assad said ISIL, which stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and is also known as ISIS, was now encircled.

"There is one narrow passage left out of al-Bab," the commander told the Reuters news agency. Government forces now had most of it "within close firing range", he said....
The Muslim Ban has no purpose in the year 2017. The attacks within the USA are by lone wolves. Some are 2nd generation in this country and are conflicted with their dual citizenship.

I am sure the scholars are having a great deal of fun and interesting sparing over the theory and the law, but, there is absolutely no reason for this ban. In order for a Presidential Order to be relevant it has to have a purpose.

The Muslim Ban is hubris without a real purpose. There are grounds for lawsuits by individuals and class action lawsuits.


May 2, 2016
By Nick Rasmussen

Five years ago, (click here) I watched in the Situation Room along with President Obama, Vice President Biden, and members of the President’s national security team to see if U.S. Special Operations Forces could deliver the justice that every American had been waiting for for a decade. 
In the three-plus months leading up to the operation, the White House’s National Security Council staff organized over two dozen inter-agency meetings to oversee preparations and consider all of the attendant issues: the evaluation of the emerging intelligence, possible operational courses of action, the consequences and implications of both success and failure. 

What struck me most about that process was the absolute attention to operational security, discretion, and secrecy. Very few individuals beyond the most senior officials were involved in the policy piece of this operation. Extraordinary measures were taken to limit information flow, and those involved maintained an incredibly high degree of discipline.

The Trump administration is falsifying information to the public. They are lumping all kinds of stuff together to make a list look impressive to justify their inflammatory administration.

February 8, 2017
By Avi Selk

...Then, yesterday, (click here) both families saw their children's murders in a White House list of terrorist attacks that hadn't got enough attention, and Ayliffe said she felt she needed to set down words again.

"My daughter's death will not be used to further this insane persecution of innocent people," she wrote in an open letter to US President Donald Trump

.Her words were joined by the parents of the attack's second victim, Jackson, who expressed their disbelief in an email to the White House and elsewhere.

"I'm pretty sure he and his advisers know full well - or could very easily verify - that Tom and Mia died not as the result of an act of terror but rather through the actions of a disturbed individual," Les Jackson wrote on Facebook.
"Of course, that doesn't suit his agenda."...