Sunday, August 12, 2012

Louis Armstrong - That Lucky Old Sun (click title for Satchmo's website - thank you)



Up in the mornin', out on the jobWork like the devil for my payBut that lucky old sun has nothin' to doBut roll around Heaven all day
Fuss with my woman, toil for my kidsSweat till I'm wrinkled and grayWhile that lucky old sun has nothin' to doBut roll around Heaven all day
Good Lord, up above, can't you know I'm pinin'Tears all in my eyes?Send down that cloud with a silver linin'Lift me to Paradise
Show me that river, take me acrossAnd wash all my troubles awayLike that lucky old sun, give me nothin' to doBut roll around Heaven all day
Good Lord above, can't you know I'm pinin'Tears all in my eyes?Send down that cloud with a silver linin'Lift me to Paradise
Show me that river, take me acrossAnd wash all my troubles awayLike that lucky old sun, give me nothin' to doBut roll around Heaven, Heaven, HeavenOh, roll around Heaven, Heaven, Heaven all dayLet me roll around in Heaven all day