Tuesday, October 06, 2015

"Mika get out of the way." Really, Mr. Scarborough.

The minimum wage in New York City is $8.75. Enough said. The "naked lady economic syndrome" is a woman's issue as well as poverty. The 'character' costumes are not inexpensive. I think New York City needs to get it's act together than simply outlawing people from Times Square it deems disgusting. People pose with them and tip them. They can't be that disgusting.

August 30, 2015
By Amber Jamieson

...I look up and see Miley Cyrus on a video screen (click here), marching in a raunchy, high-cut leotard. I figure if she can be half-naked in Times Square, then I can, too.

“The weird thing is that this doesn’t feel that weird,” I say to my fellow painted lady, Amanda.
She nods. “It’s actually really fun!” she replies.
And it is.
Once painted, I’m off, waving a feather and asking people if they want a picture with me, feeling full of girl power.

No one ever asks how many money they make in one day. I wonder if it better than prostitution? The money and/or the far gentler day's work they have. Maybe, the painted ladies are actually safer in Times Square. And don't say there is no prostitution in NYC. That would be a lie.

They hand me a $20 bill. For less than one minute of work!

(It must have been beginner’s luck, since $20 is the biggest tip I received all day.)

Chris explains to me that it isn’t legal for topless women to demand a set price, but optional tipping is allowed....