Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Are there people still alive in South Carolina? I hear North Carolina received their fair share of water damage, too.

Seven dams?

 What is the exact weight of one gallon of water? (click here) 

The best answer I can get is 8.33 or 8.34 - it depends what source I go to.

I have looked up this problem on different sites and have used search engines but the resources available only give me decimals up to hundreds. I'd like to get it as close as I can. 

I work in the fire service and this information would be very helpful to me. 

Take the weight of water and the weight per square inch, then find the
surface area of the flooding and the rate of rainfall and that will be the
per minute of weight bearing limit of the dams. There is NO way of
constructing the way out of this. Not even the pumps in New Orleans can
keep up.

NASA needs to define this TYPE of storm and the ability to accurately predict 
them. I might add, there are cyclones all over the plant today and have been 
there though this episode of a climate crisis storm. This is a global dynamic. 
It is all heat driven.

Ports along the USA Coastline have to have an evacuation plan for any ships at dock and waiting port services. The prediction model has to come early enough to evacuate ports. The ports at South Carolina have to be evaluated on the ships and cargo and how they survived the storm. Basically, where do ships survive the storms best, at sea or at dock, until the WEEK long storm passes.