Monday, March 23, 2015

When I lived in Boston the one thing I looked forward to the most was to have "The Boston Globe" on my dining room table everyday.

March 22, 2015
By Joshua Green

...But the biggest benefit of a Warren (click here) challenge is that it would force an intra-party debate about the direction of Democratic policy in the post-Obama world. Why is Warren necessary to spark this discussion? Because the current roster of likely or potential candidates — former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, former Virginia Senator Jim Webb — poses so little threat to Clinton that she probably will not feel compelled to offer much detail about what she stands for or how she will govern if elected. As H.W. Brands, a University of Texas history professor and presidential biographer told Bloomberg News this week, “Less is known about Hillary Clinton’s positions on domestic issues than any other leading candidate since Dwight Eisenhower.”...

I understand why The Boston Globe would have this editorial. I applaud the gumption it took to write it when no else was.  But, that is typical of Boston, isn't it? "You have heard it here first." The guts to put forward a statewide health care insurance structure was not a minor accomplishment, but, if Massachusetts didn't jump in with both feet, we would never have a model for a national law. It is very easy to say, Massachusetts and it's mentors have saved many, many lives. Considering this level of commitment to American standards and quality of life is a lot to respect.

So, this editorial is not a minor issue. Senator Warren in some ways is more humble than she should be. She is important and there is an aspect of the future only she has the vision for. That is a scary. Massachusetts has known many of the 'one of a kind' person. Someone with a vision that makes life better for everyone.

Sooner or later she has to give her vision a platform and an awareness of it's potential impact on the future. 

For as necessary her voice and vision is, she is allowed to be humble. She is a great person. There is no doubt about that in my mind. Her loyalties to the American people, our values and dreams is from a pure heart and an alert mind. She is a treasure.

The year 2016 is important. It is the leading edge of taking back the American Dream. President Obama has laid the ground work, but, there is more to do. 

There are many Democrats that could have the immediate attention of the American people including all those mentioned in the editorial and others such as the Former Governor Rendell of Pennsylvania. I hear that from my mother ever once in awhile. "I wish Ed Rendell would run in the primary." If there were a national call for candidates we'd have all sorts potential including the current Governor Brown of California. The Democratic Party is lucky it has a lot of talent and great, dedicated Americans. I am not worried about the potential for a viable candidate for 2016.

Does Hillary Clinton need the primary and the challengers to hone her message? I don't know if that is possible. I have been working that over in my mind and I think Hillary as a candidate for President is a complicated picture. 

I have no doubt every Democrat in the country wants to have a perfect campaign and a winner in the White House, however, in that lies a question. The question is "Do we trust Hillary as a candidate to be the President we seek and the winner we need?" 

I can trust her judgement and if she decides to only come to the platform for the nomination then we have a candidate only we know in our hearts and I trust her with that knowledge. I also trust her knowledge of the real world as it is extensive and in a capacity her spouse has never known. 

I want Elizabeth Warren to be President. But, I want her to be President when she is ready and confident she can win the country over as I know Hillary Clinton will.