Friday, December 20, 2013

I little stores and people.

Valley Blockbuster customers say goodbye to stores (click here)


Special for The RepublicThu Dec 19, 2013 10:36 AM
Blockbuster video stores throughout the Valley will close early next year as part of a company-wide shutdown, and local residents are bidding farewell with a mix of nostalgia and bargain-hunting.

On Craigslist, managers of Blockbuster’s retail sites have been posting “Blockbuster liquidation sale!” and “Blockbuster going out of business!” advertisements since the announcement was made. Besides discounted videos, the stores are also trying to sell fixtures such as shelving units and flat-screen TVs....

I don't shop a great deal online. I rather shop in a store with a person transacting my purchase. If I can't do business with a human being, I don't do business.
I don't shop at Amazon, if the book seller I purchase from shops on Amazon that is their choice, but, I use a book store where I can browse and speak to a proprietor. They have ideas and suggestions I don't have and Amazon has no clue about. Screens aren't the way of the future when it comes to a local economy in the USA.
There are small local media stores that have survived digital mania. I honestly think this new "Blockbuster Home" has ruined the choices on Dish Network. The choices offered by Dish aren't all that great anymore. They charge a monthly fee for a Blockbuster subscription and seemed to have relinquished options in films to that subscription. I won't subscribe to Blockbuster Home. I rather continue to keep shopping where a person sees to the merchandise available.