Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Holiday Season is at hand. Hint for local economies.

Halloween happens in a few weeks, then Thanksgiving and before you know it the winter holidays have past.

Local economies should promote gift giving with the desire to purchase more in the future. 

One of my favorite gifts to give at any dinner party I am invited is a bottle of wine, a favorite food garnish or jelly, including savory cooking jellies and/or an innovative local economy taste treat. When I bring these items with me I always bring the information to where my friends or family can order more. 

Local economies should encourage communication with it's gift recipients on labels or tags. Word of mouth is how small empires are built and how local economies expand.

What I like about this label is the quaint and homey quality of it. The only thing missing is a quality statement about careful preparation of it's safety integrity. "Prepared in a certified kitchen." There are many wonderful chefs that prepare their products in 'shared commercial kitchens' and these kitchens are conducted according to legal standards. A label could easily be made to reflect the integrity of the product as well or even better than large commercial enterprises.