Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Congratulations.

If I believed Congressional hubris was seeking to ruin my name and livelihood for the purpose of their political aspirations, I would have claimed "The Fifth" and not have bothered to share a speech with them.

Just in case Congress doesn't "Get it." A witness is usually given immunity not insults to testify beyond her rights otherwise. 

WASHINGTON 
Wed May 22, 2013 6:10pm EDT
...Lois Lerner, (click here) who heads the IRS tax-exempt unit, angered lawmakers by reading a statement before refusing to testify, but she was dismissed from the hearing with a warning that she could be called back for another appearance before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee....

I do believe Ms. Lerner has important work to do. The IRS still needs leadership and corrective policies to be sure our political system is not destroyed by large amounts of monies with donors hidden from the electorate. I wish her well.