Sunday, December 12, 2021

The Kentucky tornado is worse than the Moore tornado in that it effected eight states.

I never get used to these enormous storms. The voices of the people stay with me. Besides the school children that were killed in Moore, was a recording of a 13 year old boy called his mother. He stated to her he didn't think he was going to make it but he wanted his mother to know he loved her. A 13 year old boy reached out to his mother in his final days of life to tell her he loved her. Thirteen years old. I was chilling to me to realize that child knew he was going to die. In the next instance the phone went dead. He died. The mother had to bury a 13 year old boy that loved her very deeply. No storm shelters, nothing he could do to hide from the storm. He took him without a potential for him to save his own life. That is unthinkable to me.'
'
Why? Why does money, power and influence take precedent over human life in this country?

We should all be ashamed this is happening and continues to happen. This is the United States of America where human life is supposed to be the pinnacle of our concerns and I am here to tell you, it is not.