Friday, August 27, 2021

This is religious bigotry. Is there any decency in that state?

August 26, 2021
By Brad Stuver

Since I was 4 years old, (click here) I have thrown myself into sports, playing soccer, tennis, baseball and basketball competitively. With my friends I would play football, frisbee, volleyball and any other sport we could think of.

All of these sports taught us different things. We learned physical skills like hand-eye coordination and stamina, and we learned teamwork, failure, triumph and mental fortitude. I’m blessed to play soccer professionally today, but that’s never been the most important part of sports for me. Sports bring kids together from every walk of life to work together towards a common goal. A new kid joining the game never posed a threat to us– it was an opportunity to make a new friend, and to learn new things

But in Texas, some lawmakers want to ban transgender kids from playing with their peers, and from learning these same lessons. One bill being considered in the state legislature as part of the current special session, called SB 2, would ban transgender kids from participating in school sports, from kindergarten through high school. The legislature held an all-night hearing on that bill Tuesday, and it could pass out of that committee and head to the Texas House floor soon....