Wednesday, August 25, 2021

I think the cooperation with the Taliban is remarkable.

I find it remarkable the USA military is peacefully in contact with the Taliban to facilitate the evacuation of Americans and others. That has never occurred with a recognized enemy of the USA.

I don’t know the beginnings of the cooperation other than top level leaders of the USA agencies, but, I do remember General McChrystal was adamant about communing with the townspeople. I can’t help but believe that expression of unarmed friendliness changed the way the Afghan people, including the Taliban, saw American soldiers. I think General McChrystal did impressive groundwork to the cooperation we are seeing today.

I also find it impressive The American Soldier is viewed with humanitarian interests and not simply a killing machine. It is a very strong position the USA military has developed in this model at a critical time on Earth. I congratulate every one of the military leaders and our soldiers for bringing compassion, integrity and honor to our country’s purpose.