Saturday, July 11, 2020

The propaganda videos I watched were fairly simple in their theme. The white people, including women, were full of hate and the black person involved was fearful of them.

White - hate - no real reason for the hate expect white supremacy - power

Black - fear - an understanding he was going to die. I didn't see any black women involved in a lynch dialogue.

It doesn't take a genius to see they are propaganda if put in that context. I am convinced more than ever they were produced by Russia. The context was that a person making the video was doing so without being discovered until the plot is known. A third party happens upon the lynching effort which makes the video a moral statement about the conduct of the others.

There is just no incidence like that in the USA. But, the videos were made as if it were. If taken seriously, it could really inspire a movement on both sides that results in gun-toting violence.

The tone of the videos would have been removed by Facebook even under their old policy. I think Facebook should prohibit political ads. 

I encountered a Trump supporter about a week ago while running errands and I stated, please six feet, social distancing. He replied, "Oh, yeah, the flu that is going around. I suppose the population needed weeding." No, lie. There are fellow Americans that believe there is a benefit to the deaths from COVID-19. It was hard to write that. I'd rather forget it, but, it isn't prudent to forget it.