Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Being natural with a healthy body is important to many.

May 2, 2018
By Shazia Tasneem

Karachi - Irtiza Rubab, (click here) famously known by her stage name Meera, was encouraged by her parents to become an actor when she was just 11 years old. This was a dream come true for the self-professed “free-spirited” Meera Jee who has not only always yearned to be the centre of attention but rose to fame quite rapidly, for both the right and wrong reasons.

She kicked off her film career with Kanta in 1995 and from thereon, made a place for herself in Lollywood, hopping from one film set to another. From Kanta to Hotal to Mahesh Bhatt’s Bollywood project Nazar, Meera soon became unstoppable. To me, she is someone with a great sense of humour, bright, thoughtful, confident and very down to earth. So, if looking pretty and having a vibrant personality is part and parcel of being an actor, then she hits the right notes....

...Merra: I would prefer aging naturally. When wrinkles come I will accept them gracefully. To me wrinkles are a part of expression and not a sign of aging. I want to ask all women –  young and old – to accept life the way it comes. They should look beautiful naturally and should not run after cosmetic lifts or botox. Beauty comes with action and spirit.

Life will take its toll on all of us. Looks are not everything. I am not going to look beautiful all the time. But I can look beautiful if I take care naturally and should not run after cosmetic lifts or botox. Beauty comes with action and spirit.