Sunday, March 18, 2018

Estonia's National Anthem

Mu isamaa, mu õnn ja rõõm,
My native land, my joy - delight,
kui kaunis oled sa!
How fair thou art - how bright!
Ei leia mina iial teal
For nowhere in the world around
see suure, laia ilma peal,
Can ever such a place be found
mis mul nii armas oleks ka,
So well belov’d, from sense profound,
kui sa, mu isamaa!
My native country dear!

Sa oled mind ju sünnitand
My tiny crib stood on thy soil,
ja üles kasvatand;
Whose blessings eased my every toil.
sind tänan mina alati
With my last breath my thanks to thee,
ja jään sull’ truuiks surmani,
For true to death I’ll ever be,
mul kõige armsam oled sa,
O worthy, most belov’d and fine
mu kallis isamaa

Su üle Jumal valvaku,
May God in Heaven thee defend,
mu armas isamaa!
My own, my dearest land!
Ta olgu sinu kaitseja
May He be guard, may He be shield,
ja võtku rohkest õnnista,
For ever bless and guardian wield
mis iial ette võtad sa,
Protection for all deeds of thine,
mu kallis isamaa!
My own, my dearest land!