Sunday, January 28, 2018

"Treating children as a plutocratic commodity."

Sorry if things are moving a little slowly this evening. I have not had as much prep time for these postings today.

There was a birthday in the family. While I appreciate the talents of bakers in the year 2018, I find the price of birthday cakes increasing wll above any global inflamtion rate.

So, I bake the birthday cakes when the need arises. The cake would never match "The Cake Boss" quality demands, but, it is good cake and plenty of it.

I find children's birthdays a little silly these days. It is more than cake and ice cream these days. A niece had a gigantic castle blown up with fans in her backyard as part of the party. I find that ridiculous. But, that's me.

So, the delay in posting today is completley because I carried out a domestic responsibility I do fairly well. I certainly don't charge that much either.