Friday, June 03, 2016

Today is Friday and it is time to chronicle "The Flint River Project." Yes, it is now a project.

I received a letter.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Stop cheering because the brief happiness has past. My request was not fulfilled.

Ready for this?

The response states I did everything correctly in addressing my request to their department, BUT, "I am afraid that we can't help you..." and then it goes on about an oversees something or other. It makes no sense. The entity I am writing to is domestic and the rattling on for one sentence about an oversees ? problem? is a disoriented statement.

There is more.

I failed to send my personal unlisted home telephone number with my request and they would have shared the bad news personally if I had. Good customer service, no doubt.

I am NOW going to turn to an official, armed with this letter.

I will scan the letter and post it here as soon as my journey DEAD ENDS. It better not dead end either. I am not asking for classified information, it is all public material. There is no reason for the rejection of that request. If they had asked for payment for copying charges I would have found that a reasonable request, but, to turn me away is outrageous.

Until next Friday.