Monday, May 09, 2016

EPI (click here)

The Economic Policy Institute has a unique way of assessing an employer to decide about raising the minimum wage.

Assessment to raising the minimum wage explores the moral priorities of an employer.

The arrow in this case, for the "Head Football Coach states (plus $7 million in additional compensation).

EPI has been around for several decades. They advocate for the middle class. This particular article discusses the return of overtime pay by the Department of Labor. It also points to the fact the pay scale of employers is not centered no the majority of it's workers.

I have never worked a job where I wasn't paid overtime for time over my regular shift and/or 40 hours per week. It is completely alien to me to realize Americans are not paid for time over their daily shift and over 40 hours per week. The 40 hour work week is under attack and has been under attack. I was also paid time and a half when I worked holidays. I was appreciated. I didn't mind to be asked to stay a few more hours or come in on my day off, within reason.

Employees are not appreciated anymore in the USA. They are viewed as an expense and with international trade agreements abandoned. There is a great deal wrong in the USA and how APPRECIATED employees are to their employers.