Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Donald Trump didn't want to stop the bailout, but, let's just say it left a bad taste in his mouth. I think most Americans felt that way.

CHETRY: (click here) Do you think -- John McCain -- do you think that this bailout plan needs to pass in some way, shape or form for things to stabilize?

TRUMP: Well, I think it would be better if it passed. I'm not sure that it's going to work. A lot of people are not -- you know, it is trial and error. This is very complicated. This is more complicated than sending rockets to the moon.

Nobody really knows what impact it's going to have. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't. But certainly it is worth a shot. I don't love the idea that the government's buying back all the bad loans. How about some of the good loans? You know? I don't like the idea that the government, frankly, is going to be negotiating with people to sell those loans, because maybe we'd be better off having the best bankers in the world do that.

But I think overall, it's a probable positive other than you have to control the price of oil. Because if you don't, whatever happens with the bailout, if you want to call it the bailout, whatever happens with the bailout, is will have no impact, no positive impact.

CHETRY: Donald Trump, always great to get your point of view. Thanks so much for joining us this morning.

TRUMP: Thank you very much.


I also thought there was a lot of angry people. The Ponzi scheme was coming to light and it seemed as though the American taxpayer was fair game for any scheme of Wall Street. They were angry about the losses in the 401K. I think most of the anger in the country stems from very poor decisions by the government, including the Iraq War. I think the American people felt worked over and helpless.