Friday, November 06, 2015

The Democratic Debate - Hillary Clinton continued...

The USA is 70 percent consumption. When people are doing bad it is bad for everyone.

The Death Penalty - The vast majority of cases come out of state litigation that apply capital punishment too often. There are heinous cases such as Khalid Sheiekh Mohammad and Timothy McVeigh. 

Hillary Clinton asks why is the suspension and explusion rate in schools higher for African American students? She also suspects the parents are doing well as evidenced by subsidized lunch programs now greater than 50 percent.

She questions the racial deaths in the country.
 
Vice President? Not fair Rachel. "Whoever I name will really be hurt in the Republican Party....There are Republicans I can pick, just none of them."

Hush Puppies - "Eating Hush Puppies and wearing Hush Puppies."

Hawk?  The next President will face many of the same issues as President Obama faces today. "I will not rule out force, but, it should be the last resort and not the first."

Constitutional Amendment for same sex marriage - I explored it privately, but, if the public debate was incorrect I take responsibility for that. "The Law of the Land." What really needs to be addressed now is how a person can be married on Saturday and fired from their jobs on Monday.

What is the efficacy of the Democratic Party when it is obviously failing in blue cities? "Keep fighting for it." It is not completed when the bill is finally passed.

Bill and Hill - "I was practicing law and chairing the board for the Children's Defense Fund...and I had a full plate of serious things I wanted to do....It was not until 1988 that I began reaching into politics..." "That hair do was a permanent and I have such straight hair...it took three times to get the curl."

My opinoin. Hillary Clinton is vital to the future of the Democratic Party. She is a leader. She seeks answers to questions not asked yet. That is a leader with insight that others have not exhibited. Her answers more often than not surprise me, which means she has already thought through issues of our time. I think that is important. That is her nature.  She cares about people and she cares about the country.