Thursday, September 24, 2015

It has been a magnificent day from beginning to end. Pope Francis never ceases to amaze. He has boundless energy, although he seemed slightly fatigued at vespers and rightly so at the end of the day.

Pope Francis has included every possible tension or problem he could to the days events. He made the reference to Moses and Israel in Congress all the way to thanking women of faith in the USA and mentioning the Muslim's holy day.

I appreciated Cardinal Dolan mentioning the emphasis of the message of Pope Francis' speech to Congress. I think Pope Francis was gratified to have been heard and embraced. He should know we are all listening. I am confident many are measuring themselves in the wake of his words. I find his a breath of fresh air. 

The Vespers was an excellent idea. He was moved by the service from the moment he entered the cathedral. 

I hope he rests well. I am grateful for his visit. It seems to me the heart of America is opening up to his words and requests.