Monday, April 27, 2015

"Good Night, Moon"

The Waxing Gibbous

8.4 days old

60.6 percent lit

A story about the "Blood Moon" and a picture taking philosophy. There were no aspirations to taking moon trips or some flamboyant ideology. It is a story of being unique as inspired by the satellite we call "The Moon." Imagine that, the moon inspiring a photograph. No big ideas, simply nice ones. Simply being a unique American.

April 23, 2015
By Joe Hendricks

...I went a few hundred feet (click here) to the left of everyone else and instead of pulling out a 200mm lens, I go for the 14–24mm f/2.8 Nikkor. I thought, “everyone shoots it close up, so I’m going to shoot it wide!” I would come to find out later that there was actually plenty of time for me to shoot wide, change my lens and then shoot a close up with my 200mm. But it doesn’t matter, because what DOES matter is that I wanted something different from everyone else! We should all be striving for that, no matter what business we work in! Because, if you’re producing the same thing someone else is, how are you ever going to differentiate yourself from others? This is especially true in photography....