Monday, January 26, 2015

I am sorry to hear Michael Moore lost his uncle in World War II. That is rarely said in all this.

,,,"In the end, (click here) the thing I'm most proud of for what I've done for the troops was sticking my neck out 12 years ago to become a leading opponent to Bush and the war. I tried to save more lives than a sniper ever could hope to – by preventing us from going to war in the first place," Moore wrote. "So, Fox News and the other lazy media -- quit making shit up about me! You look ridiculous."

The real problem is there is no respect for peace. There is no respect for the people that advocate it or those that expose the wrong path of a world superpower.

People have experiences in life. It is legal to love a family member such as an uncle and hate the way he died. It is completely understandable why Mr. Moore's family felt the way they did.

None of the critics lost family members to snipers. It isn't often one hears of such an event. It must have been difficult burying him and realizing how he died. 

But, Mr. Moore, your uncle died for his country. The loss of him to all his family can't be measured. He is celebrated for his bravery and dedication to this country every Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.

The fact we are all able to celebrate Freedom of Speech and speaking truth to power honors him. I hope a sincere expression of sympathy will heal a wound still open and raw to his loss. He was a great man. He died with dignity and protected the freedoms we all enjoy today.

I personally don't approve of movies that glorify war. I haven't and won't see "American Sniper." I don't consider that entertainment or a valid documentary to the lives our soldiers.