Tuesday, November 04, 2014

There is no great secret why I prefer Democratic values because they purposely reach for the little guy and disenfranchised Americans to bring the promise of the USA to them.

Republicans simply don't care. I suppose there are good guys among them, but, they have never been elected to the federal government. The good guys in the Republican Party in Washington, DC don't exist.

How do I know that? 2008 and the global economic collapse. A Republican president provided a huge bailout for them. The American people expected Wall Street to find their balance and come back to NORMAL practice. That didn't happen.

The Bush White House never set any terms on the bailout and with that the banks left on holiday for the next five years and until we had a new Chairwoman at the Fed. If Chairwoman Yellen hadn't come along there would be yet another QE IV, V, VI...

The Republican administration turned their backs on the people of this country and basically said, sink or swim.

The roll of the USA government is not to bailout any private business, but, to provide for the people of the USA. That $700 billion bailout should have gone to the people of the USA in small business loans and we would have had our economy back in no time and a far less national debt. The country is in a mess with a national debt directly because of Republicans no matter how they try to deflect it onto the President.

The first legislation passed by the Obama White House was to replace the LOST ECONOMY of the collapse. There was no getting 'back to normal' because the face of the country had changed so drastically and loans were nowhere to be found. So, the Recovery Act began the slow road back from having the Republicans pull the USA into hell with them.

Any election I vote in I consider OTHERS before I cast my ballot. I consider the soldiers, the poor, the disenfranchised and those brave enough to make a death defying trip across the USA southern desert to attempt to improve his or her quality of life. Undocumented workers do not take jobs from people in the USA. Americans is lucky to have them quite frankly.

When I look to all MY MORAL ISSUES before voting there is only one party that ever passes snuff. I haven't voted for a Republican since the second term of Ronald Reagan and I have watched the USA exploited and treated as a game board for the wealthy, greedy and powerful. I raised my family. I should be greedy along with everyone else and enjoying life with little or no worries about others. I did my time as a wife and parent. It is time for me to have my life to myself and think of no one else. 

I couldn't do that if I tried. It isn't in my DNA. I think life is fine just the way it is and I don't need a warm tropical breeze in the middle of winter to make me happy. The Democratic Party with all or any faults makes me happy. My involvement in fighting for a better life for those I care about makes me the happiest.

I don't ask much in life anymore. Just a movie once a week or so and any documentary I can get my hands on, along with a film festival that brings me life from around the globe and understanding of people I will never meet, BUT, people my government will come in direct contact with. 

Republicans? There is no one that can hold a candle to my morals and that is disappointing, but, I can live with the idea a one party system being just fine until we get tired of the boredom.