Friday, November 21, 2014

Ferguson, Missouri

I anticipate justice. There is no plausible reason for the death of an 18 year old unarmed black man. There just isn't. If there is not justice then the grand jury is as indoctrinated into 'the evil black man syndrome' as the police department.

That said, I expect the grand jury to uphold the justification for using overwhelming force.

To Mr. Michael Brown, Senior I thank him for his dedication and willingness to be spokesman for his son to the rest of the world. I encourage him to continue his steadfast belief in his son and his words of peace. I encourage him that considering there may be an expression of violence regardless of the outcome of the grand jury. 

The reason for such expression of violence is to realize how very threatened young black men feel in the USA. They can't seem to get away from this prescribed violence against them assigned by the racism that remains in the USA. If violence occurs, which I am hoping it will not, Michael Brown, Junior's reality is simply profoundly felt. 

I have no kind words for racism and those that practice it and adhere to it. It is still there. What reveals in any violence is the fact it is still there in an insidious way that young black men can't control regardless of how upstanding a citizen they are. We have seen it repeated over and over in the USA. And it is institutionalized. Police are a vital part of any government and to realize young black men are not safe within their own understanding of life is definitely an institutionalized hatred. The police get it from somewhere. Either police culture universally known through the country or by standards and training. Either way it is bad news for the country.

I believe Michael Brown Senior is correct in asking for peace regardless of the outcome of the grand jury. I trust him with preserving his son's legacy. I trust him with the calling for peaceful protests.