Tuesday, February 04, 2014

That is some of the most hateful assessment I have ever read coming from the CBO.

By David Morgan and David Lawder
Feb 4 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama'shealthcare law (click here) will reduce American workforce participation by the equivalent of 2 million full-time jobs in 2017, the Congressional Budget Office said on Tuesday, prompting Republicans to paint the law as bad medicine for the U.S. economy....

They don't know that. Who is the CBO to say Americans are going to stop working to support their families in order to keep subsidies in health care?

The idea Americans will PLOT to keep healthcare subsidies is some of the oldest 'mind speak' I recall from any research by the CBO. Where in the name of did they ever get the idea Americans would not want to work in order to keep healthcare? That is ridiculous.

The very ill Americans that cannot afford healthcare are usually not in the work force. They have other health insurance, including, some with Medicare. But, to say Americans will cut back on their income to keep subsidies, in this day and age when over 15% are in poverty is outrageous. I am absolutely astounded by that assessment. 

That entire idea sounds like partisan politics, not real world assessment. The assessment ASSUMES Americans will prefer to keep subsidies rather than earn more and that the idea Americans are lazy is correct. That is about as lousy as a government agency gets in ridiculing the people of this nation. 

Where is the TEND LINE, the REGRESSION LINE, based in research that states same? Because the Health Care Law only went into effect as of January. There is no research. This study is engineered by PERHAPS IF, than actual facts.

..."It's not that the businesses are cutting those jobs," said Jason Furman, who chairs the White House Council of Economic Advisers. He said the CBO report showed an impact on labor supply rather than demand for workers from employers....

Did the CBO get help from Psy-Ops? All of a sudden the CBO can predict the behavior of Americans. Really? If the CBO is this good to predict the behavior of Americans, there is a place for each of them on Wall Street after they are fired from their jobs at the CBO.

I am going to tell a little story. You see, I was poor once, too. But, once I got into housing after being homeless with two children due to the fact their father, of whom married me before the children were born, turned out to be a dead beat dad. So, life got interesting when I worked so hard to put him through college. No we were not Mid-Life parents at all. Substance abuse changed the life he and I so carefully planned together. Meth. Hash. Alternative Lifestyles all impacted him in ways I could never imagine when we were so right for each other.

So, when I finally got into housing, the world changed. Within two months I received a call from a Social Worker who asked me if I would please go to the local technical school as there were programs to assist me if I wanted to return to work. This was long before the Welfare to Work Program. About 20 years before the Welfare to Work program. 

I was under no obligation to work or seek it or attend college or schooling or training. I could have hunkered down in my apartment and stayed there to raise the children until they were grown. But, I didn't. See, I was an American woman and I was promised something. I was promised a comfortable future if I did all the right things. I was Lower Middle Class from a hard working family. I attended public schools. I applied myself to learning. I was liked in school. My parents loved me. So, there was every reason for me to believe I could ACHIEVE, not only an income, but a nice life and one that would uplift my children out of poverty. 

Guess what? I did. I not only learned a profession, while I worked I returned to college to improve my status in the work force and it worked. I was one of the best of the best no matter where I went in life. I guess what? So, were my children. Those kids were great and they were liked by educators no matter the school or the grade. I not only raised my sons, basically alone, I leaned on the government system to demand their father, now my ex-husband, pay his fair share of their upbringing. I wrote every legislator along with friends that did as well. And after about a year or so of INSISTING my children had a right to being supported according to two incomes and not just the income I earned, then Senator Bill Bradley from New Jersey wrote legislation that would compel law enforcement and judges to arrest and set bail for child support offenders. It became a crime against the family not to pay child support. I DID THAT. I GOT MY FRIENDS TO DO THAT.

When the law went into effect, my ex was in arrears of over $24,000 US. I chased him down and when he was at his home with his second wife in the lazy boy armchair I sent the police to pick him up. I continued to do that until he was compelled to stay in a jail until a judge heard his offenses. Eventually, his wages were garnished and my children's lives improved.

From the day I went into housing that cost me $24.00 per month and my water bill, under Title what ever the number was, I never took welfare. Are you joking? $24.00 per month and I was going to take  welfare? No. I worked in a day care after my classes and my children went from a local clinic that existed from a Hill-Burton Grant to returning to the pediatrician that took care of them in the nursery when they were born. That pediatrician then attended to them until they became adults.

I don't want to hear how Americans are lazy. How they don't achieve. How a government agency ASSIGNS such characteristics to ANY American. I'm a white woman, too. 

The CBO has absolutely NO IDEA what the future holds for Americans. They don't know what is going to happen in the next year, the next five years, the next decade or the next century. 

The lousy bastards need to be fired!