Wednesday, February 05, 2014

I'd like to see gay families marching in the St. Patrick Day's Parade.

I always think of the parade as a family event. I think every participant has to maintain that focus. Parades have themes. And the St. Patrick's Day Parade is mostly a family thing with a lot of fun 'wearin' the green.'

By Erin Durkin AND Corinne Lestch 
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU
Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 1:12 AM

For the first time in 20 years, (click here) the mayor is boycotting the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in a protest over its ban on marchers who carry gay-pride signs.
“I am not planning on marching in the parade,” Mayor de Blasio said at a City Hall press conference on Tuesday.
“I will be participating in a number of other events to honor the Irish heritage of this city, but I simply disagree with the organizers of that parade,” he added....