Sunday, June 30, 2013




"Liberty" by the Grateful Dead (click here for official website)
Saw a bird with a tear in his eyeWalking to New Orleans, my oh myHey, now, bird, wouldn't you rather dieThan walk this world when you're born to fly?
If I was the sun, I'd look for shadeIf I was a bed, I would stay unmadeIf I was a river I'd run uphillIf you call me you know I willIf you call me you know I will
Ooo, freedom, ooo, libertyOoo, leave me aloneTo find my own way homeTo find my own way home
Say what I mean and I don't give a damnI do believe and I am who I amHey now mama come and take my handWhole lotta shakin' all over this land
If I was an eagle, I'd dress like a duckCrawl like a lizard and honk like a truckIf I get a notion I'll climb this treeOr chop it down and you can't stop meChop it down and you can't stop me
Ooo, freedom, ooo, libertyOoo, leave me aloneTo find my own way homeTo find my own way home
Went to the well but the water was dryDipped my bucket in the clear blue skyLooked in the bottom and what did I see?The whole damned world looking back at me
If I was a bottle I'd spill for loveSake of mercy I'd kill for loveIf I was a liar, I'd lie for loveSake of my baby, I'd die for loveSake of my baby, I'd die for love
Ooo, freedom, ooo, libertyOoo, leave me aloneTo find my own way homeTo find my own way homeI'm gonna find my own way home