Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Excuse me? President Obama needs an outreach? He isolated himself? Really?

After his 2008 election...

Been there. 

Done that.

Obama Coordinates Congressional Outreach Campaign (click here)

WASHINGTON
...Obama, the first president elected directly from the legislative branch since John F. Kennedy, has packed his White House team with respected legislators and connected congressional staffers and has surprised lawmakers with phone calls — and not just to Democrats.
"This is unheard of," Rep. Ray LaHood, R-Ill., who is retiring after 14 years in Congress, said of Obama's calls to Republicans. "I don't know of another president-elect who has done this."
No president since Gerald Ford, a former House minority leader, has spent as much energy mastering Congress' 18th-century etiquette and byzantine turf wars as Obama, a former senator....

While Presidents are welcome to enjoy friendships with other people, I consider personal 'connections' that are suppose to result in enhanced political results as corruption. The Republicans are promoting corruption as a strategy to diminish President Obama's reputation as an 'engaged' leader? Why does that not surprise me? I think it goes like this, "If you are corrupt as me then we are thick as thieves? Did I get that right?"

I don't think so.