Monday, December 17, 2012

I reject any language in regard to gun control, except, clear concise language.

I've heard such manipulation today of the language surrounding gun control legislation and I reject it all. 

This is not a gun safety issue. This is not about making guns safer. I reject that language. A gun cannot be made safe. The 'safety' on a gun is to protect the operator from actions of the gun without predictability.

The legislation is about control. It is about gun control. 

The conservatives in this country play with words and for a gun control legislation to be called anything but gun control, gun ban and/or ammunition ban is risky language.

The violence in this country will abate and we will put this hideous genie back in the bottle. 

It is inconceivable this has happened. The twisted ideology allowing this country to enter into heinous crimes with a Second Amendment that is suppose to protect lives, liberty and happiness is about as diabolical as it comes. 

The language to the legislation has to be clear and concise. There can be no 'Scalia Broccoli' to come out of this.

There are no words to explain what I think at this moment. Every time I see those faces, the moment is felt to the depth of me. There are just no words.

I could speculate to what brought this shooter and the movie theater shooter to their heinous acts, but, in reflection of the two, there are huge similarities and it has nothing to do with mental health so much as social illness. 

There is more here than mental illness. Society has issues and they need to come to terms with them. Society lacks respect for decency and life and the tolerance of violence a person should be exposed to. 

I look forward to the conclusion of the police investigation, whenever it is finished to the degree they deem complete. I am sorry the town doesn't feel as though the school building is approachable anymore. There are some aspects of this that has to be accepted into memory. It cannot all be wiped away and time does make the daily living easier. I wish them all solace. All those people are going to be dearly missed.

Good night.