Sunday, November 04, 2012

I am proud of my country, again. I don't want to lose that.


Did these two men deserve bullet proof shades on Marine 1? Of course they did. If they deserve to be protected to carry out the responsibilities of our government they deserve our loyalty to continue their good work.


Hurricane Sandy redefined 'harm's way' (click here)

Published: Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 6:35 a.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 6:35 a.m.
...The campaign hiatus was fitting and proper, albeit a political no-brainer for President Barak Obama and GOP rival Mitt Romney.  With dozens dead and unaccounted for, with millions without power and wondering about putting their homes and businesses back together, politics needed to take a back seat.
Blunt-spoken New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie perhaps said it best, as he pondered the devastation of his state's coastline, ground zero for Sandy's landfall Monday night.
"I don't give a damn about Election Day," Christie told reporters. "I've got bigger fish to fry" ...
The job of putting more than 20 storm-ravaged states back in working order will be less dramatic. Millions of New Yorkers in the center of the nation's business nerve wondered how they would be getting to work in the days ahead after the subway system suffered a level of damage it hadn't seen in a century....
Both these men embrace the truth. Governor Christie stated, "...It is the truth and if you don't accept that then you don't know me...." or something like that. I don't know that President Obama ever pursues anything but the truth. He lives his presidency in recognition of the truth. It is what I want from my government.

Governor Christie made an impression on me. I will not lose that impression anytime soon and certainly not because the media in the USA likes to play with images rather than the truth. I like the guy today. Before this occurred and the like minds of President Obama and Governor Christie came together to act in an emergency I thought Governor Christie was a political bully with nothing to add to the dialogue in this nation except more outrageous hatred of me, my political affections and values developed over a lifetime. I see him very differently today.

No one has one complaint about any of the Governors, Mayors or President Obama in regard to the heroics I witnessed within the capacity of our sovereign governments. They are heroes. There is no doubt in my mind. I am convinced their lives lie along a path of greatness. If Governor Christie have ambitions of higher office I wish him well. He deserves it. He deserves it as a loyal member of 'The Truth Club.' 

I thank them all. There were lives saved. An entire region of this country including states south was managed to protect lives. Has anyone stopped to figure the odds of surviving that storm without the active management by these people? It wasn't good. In Haiti, the country is far smaller and the deaths nearly equal to that of the USA. It was NOT due to crumbling and poor concrete either. We all can remember the tragedy and the deaths numbering nearly 2000 of Katrina.

I believe Superstorm Sandy reset the chronometers on many issues, the Climate Crisis is at the top of the list, but, also a political model we lost to extremist views that have attracted hideous amounts of money to corrupt our political system.

Having a multi-party system of political elections is not suppose to be about who can corrupt the values of the electorate but about allowing the best of the best to compete for the seats of power of the USA that will effect lives inside and outside our borders.

There is much to thank all those involved for minimizing deaths and returning function as soon as is reasonably possible, but, the changes that will occur within our country because we witnessed greatness is yet to be measured. For that alone, I thank them.