Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Voter Suppression is real.


...Think about it. Why, in a shaky economy, (click title to entry - thank you) would Gov. Corbett be willing to shell out up to... 


$4 million to enforce an unnecessary law 


...supposedly designed to thwart voter-impersonation fraud - of which there is virtually none?

Not only that, it's no surprise that Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Kansas, Wisconsin, and Mississippi - the states that passed the strictest laws since President Obama's election - are mostly red to the core.

Please. This isn't about policy. It's about politics. So much for small government....

The Pennsylvania Governor Corbett is anxious to sign the bill that oppresses the urban and poor vote.  Corbett is more red than red, he is Merlot Red, even the Pennsylvania Governor site is Republican Red.

He is more of a pundit than any pundit out there.  This is anti-American legislation.

Dennis Miller is touting how Girl Scouts have to show ID to sell Girl Scout cookies so why shouldn't a nation prove their identity at the polls.

Well, get this one, I walked into a Hilton Hotel on Sunday and stated I was a 'member' and they asked for my name, my address and then my signature, NOT my ID.  It was nice not having to dig through my purse to find an ID when I was tired enough to call it a day.  

As I walked to the car to get my overnight bag I realized that is what occurs when a person votes; name, address and signature.  Gee, it was interesting to realize a hotel chain interested in my comfort believed that was enough for them.  So much for Girl Scout Cookie salespersons or whatever.

Give me a break, this is voter suppression, plain and simple.