Sunday, January 15, 2012

Generational change helps.

Of course, what Granny is saying is that if people are gay they automatically have a different emotional content and could never relate to the'heterosexual' event of pregnancy.

According to Granny, only heterosexuals have the biological drive for parental love.

Cultural consistency in respecting others makes it clear there is not much difference between people.  In this case, respect for adults included all adults, not just those racially preferred in the house.  No superiority.  Simply diverse. 

...My paternal grandmother (click here) had an African American woman who came to clean her house weekly. She did not hire her because grandma was wealthy, which she was not, but rather due to infirmity. It was just a big help to have someone come and do the heavy cleaning.

I do not remember the lady’s name, but I do remember that I was not permitted to call her, or any other adult, by a first name. I do remember that her first name was Peggy, because I called her that once and got in a decent amount of trouble for it. She was not a maid; she was a person who sold a service, which my grandparents purchased weekly....