Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I am a little bit surprised the supporters of workers rights can't seem to understand it just ain't that easy to pull off.

"Many of us recall the pledge made by candidate Barack Obama in on November 3, 2007 when he declared: 'Understand this. If American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain, when I'm in the White House, I'll put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself. I'll walk on that picket line with you ...'" – Rose Ann DeMoro, executive director of National Nurses United

I am sure something is in the works, but, it would be easier from him to show up in Illinois at 'the hideout' than actually march in protests in Madison.  Then there is the Middle East which is not condusive to to 'time away.'  Maybe the Vice President could be a good stand in for now.