Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hi, its Saturday night.



This is the eve of one of the greatest moments in American history. I am simply 'ah struck' by the thought. It has been a long time in the making. Too long.

I was going to 'feature' issues around the globe to bring alive other peoples and countries. I believe that is sincerely lacking in the media these days. But, I will postpone that until next week.


For now, this is the eve of the House Vote to pass Health Care Reform.

I believe this is the Democrats greatest moment.

The link above is to the place on C-Span where the legislation can be read.

After the vote tomorrow and the signature of the President it is my intention to read the entire bill and hopefully before it goes to the Senate on Tuesday.

For tonight, I congratulate the Democrats. They have brought the nation to the brink of greatest. Tomorrow it will demonstrate a Legislature that honors its President and loves its people.

Nancy Pelosi is a magnificent Speaker of the House. Those aren't empty words. There have been many great Democratic Speakers before her and now she has the honor of giving their leadership greater brevity in its promise to hold the people of this nation closest to their hearts and politics.

I thank her, all the Democratic members of the House of Representatives and I thank the President of the United States of America. His leadership honors those that elected him. I have never felt closer to a President or so well represented by one.

All my loyalty and love,

...until tomorrow.