Tuesday, September 01, 2009

It isn't easy losing Ted Kennedy. His grandchildren sincerely touched me. They loved him dearly.






They break my heart for their loss.

The 'vulnerable' Ted Kennedy and his relationship with his god.

City churchgoers said Sunday they were moved by Sen. Edward Kennedy's letter (click title to entry - thank you) confessing his failings to Pope Benedict - and that, sins and all, he set a good example for Catholics.
"I know that I have been an imperfect human being, but with the help of my faith I have tried to right my path," he wrote in a missive President Obama delivered to the Pope.
Theodore Cardinal McCarrick read part of it at Kennedy's burial Saturday night.
"Not everyone is humble enough to ask for forgiveness before death," East Village resident Hans Kullberg, 24, said after Mass at St. Patrick's Old Cathedral in Little Italy. "Especially for someone in his powerful position, it is much more difficult."