Saturday, December 09, 2006

A book about Chechnya



Boris Berezovsky tells Altay journalist about murder of Anna Politkovskaya: Altay press digest (click on)

On October 16, the Bankfax web-site published the text of the interview of the head of the information department of Altay Pravda daily Sergey Teplyakov with Boris Berezovsky, who was actively bandied about in the Russian press last week following the charge that it was he who organized the murder of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya:

- Let me read it to you. “Myths, slander and mud against both sides – against Politkovskaya and against those who the authorities will label as ‘her murderers.’ I have no doubts that your most humble servant will be among them. My relations with Politkovskaya were not simple, we often had conflicts, but I would like to say that the Russian society has lost one of its representatives in the elite of humanity. And we will continue losing them unless we protect them by open and mass civil protest against political terror in Russia.”

- Of course, I will benefit from revolution in Russia, but I can hardly destabilize the situation in the country as effectively as the Russian authorities are doing. I am taking most active steps but all of them are legal. I am doing really huge work to discredit the regime of Putin. The times when they laughed at me in Europe have gone. Now, I have no opponents there. I think that the government in Russia will be changed very soon.
Posted by Picasa