Sunday, August 01, 2010

That ends my review.

I was only there for a short time.  Loved every minute of it.  Decided to sleep on two occassions so I skipped the midnight show of "Zonad" and the Sunday show of "Reel Injun."  I plan to see both in the near future.

The Traverse City Film Festival is an amazing event.  It was sparked by the genius that is Michael Moore and was expanded by a dedicated Governor over the years to include a 'film industry' in Michigan.

I believe The State Theater is a return to Main Street.  It is wholesome.  It will provide economic stability and every town should have a "Movie House" where everyone sits in ONE theater to watch ONE movie as a community.  I think that is important.  It is way I grew up and loved the matinee on Saturdays.  It was a weekly event we all looked forward to.  It added excitement and entertainment to our lives and it was valued.

Michael is embarking on a campaign to return movie houses to local economies to spark economic growth and community cohesiveness.  I wish him the best.  If anyone can make it happen, Michael can.