Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Clash" (Bay Rong)




A Vietnamese movie featuring nothing but pure martial arts talent.  I rarely watch violent pictures for the pure entertainment of it.  But, this was a midnight movie and I wanted to get started on my 'festival feeling,' so, within 45 minutes of landing at Cherry Capital Airport, I was in the balcony at The State Theater watching the best martial arts picture I have ever seen, bar none.

It had it all.  Complicated Plot.  Character strength.  Beautiful leading lady.  Intrigue.  Handsome leading man.  Sad realities.  Twists and turns in the plot.  Happy Ending.

Loved it and was completely entertained by this film.  The blood was kept to a minimum, but, it was there.  As the story plot revealed itself, the blood on the screen seemed to disappear and the violence was palatable for the success of the plot. 

Brilliantly done and it needs distribution in the USA.