Sunday, March 08, 2015

It is stated Ms. Lisa Myers was repeatedly refused air time by Brian Williams and was the reason she left NBC. Given the new reality of NBC I would hope her peers would speak to the disregard of Ms. Myers' work and be sure she isn't being used as a political wedge within journalism to prohibit the return of Brian Williams. Either she was forced out or not.

By Dylan Byers
1/23/14

NBC News Senior Investigative Correspondent Lisa Myers (click here) is leaving the network after 33 years, Washington bureau chief Ken Strickland announced in a memo to staff on Thursday.

“I have had more than 30 fascinating years at NBC News, learning from and working alongside the best of the best, including journalists who paved the way for many of us: Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert," Myers wrote in a statement. "I will greatly miss my many talented friends throughout the network, to whom I owe much, and who represent the best of journalism.  I greatly appreciate the company granting my request to change gears and pursue new horizons.”
Myers formerly served as NBC News chief congressional correspondent and covered nine presidential campaigns. In 1998, she was named one of Vanity Fair's 20 most influental women in America; in 2000, she broke the news that George W. Bush had selected Dick Cheney as his running mate. Myers joined NBC News from The Washington Star in 1981....