Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why aren't Chinese hackers handling this mess?

Where is Anonymous when we really need them?


Tumbler is running amok with hero worship of violence. It is time for Anonymous to perform Public Service.

At the very least this man is going to be in prison for the rest of his life. Is someone making money off this culture? That might be it. Fund raising to free him. There is money somewhere here.


April 30, 2013 - 2:50PM


Hanna Rosin


...[Dzhokhar] (click here) sounded much more terrified than you could have possibly been. "Are you okay?" You begged him to tell you he was fine, nobody really knew. "I'm hit, in the leg, but I- wait what? You're asking if I'm okay?" He was surprised, but calmer now. "I know you didn't do it, and even if you did, I know you aren't harmful." He sighed with your words, he felt safe for the first time since he saw his face on the television.


But what stands out in the ardour for Dzhokhar is a deep maternal strain. Given what the man is accused of doing - killing an eight-year-old, among others, and helping to set off bombs that were loaded to maim - how do you explain that? In the past week and a half I have not been to a school pickup, birthday, book party, or dinner where one of my friends has not said some version of "I feel sorry for that poor kid". This group includes mothers of infants and grandmothers and generally pretty reasonable intelligent types, including one who is an expert on Middle Eastern extremist groups....
.