Wednesday, April 20, 2016

There are many festivals in Michigan such as Holland's tulip festival. I think advertising could include a computer link to the city's water report.

I sincerely believe that is a concern for the state. There is a general concern for all the people in Michigan by the people across the USA. The Flint Crisis has put a shadow across Michigan. 

I say this, because, I received a drinking water quart container with a filter in it and two extra filters. It came from sister. She does not live in Michigan. There is an issue in the country about the safety of Michigan's water. I never asked my sister to send me a carry along container. She reacted in what she saw in the news and purchased it and sent it with a note to take care of myself.

The many festivals need to pursue customers with strong reassurance there is healthy water in their towns. If I were running a festival I'd make bottled water very visible during the festival. No one has to give it away unless there is sincere concern for the city's water report. But, it is summer anyway and it gets hot, children and adults should be well hydrated. But, if it is visible people will be more comfortable that they don't have to ask. 

Just be concerned for the customer and any apprehension to visiting Michigan and the festivals. 

April 19, 2016
By John Hiner

The Flint water crisis (click here) has defined MLive Media Group and its journalistic efforts for the first quarter of 2016.

That shouldn't come as a surprise – it's also defined the image of our state, its governor, and all of the agencies and people who didn't do what they should have, or rose above the call of duty in this ongoing crisis.

I've been in journalism in Michigan for more than 30 years, and have never seen a story that demanded so many resources, or so much energy and focus to report. Its roots go back years, and it has dominated headlines, politics and community and government efforts for months....