Thursday, November 12, 2015

So, let me rattle China's bones/chains (whatever) a little here about their real borders.

A few years ago I was doing some research about the possibility of an ancient Chinese culture that existed in the coastline of China and the fact it disappeared. Better than disappeared it was LOST from the Chinese culture similar to the way Easter Island became lost to the world. Below is just one of the references, but, I wanted to make clear I am not lying about my research.

Title: 
New evidence for the origins of sedentism and rice domestication in the Lower Yangzi River, China
Authors: 
Leping Jiang 1 
Li Liu 2 L.Liu@latrobe.edu.au
Source:
Antiquity; Jun2006, Vol. 80 Issue 308, p355-361, 7p

Abstract:
A newly discovered site at Shangshan in the Lower Yangzi River region has revealed the oldest open-air sedentary village and domesticated rice in south China. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR]
Copyright of Antiquity is the property of Antiquity and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts.)
Author Affiliations:
1Zhejiang Institute of Archaeology, China 2La Trobe University, Australia 

I was looking for a prehistoric map of the region, but, I guess that would take a trip to the Firestone Library at Princeton University. This is kind of an abbreviated edition, but, it is proven to a greater sense, than not proven at all.
"The Sea of Japan"

In the prehistoric past during an ice age there was no Sea of Japan.

There are studies that have found rice and pollens along the China shoreline and along the western edges of Japan. That means the land between the two countries was once joined as waters receded and the ice advanced. How does that exist in history? It is possible to know where the ice advanced and receded over time.

I am a biologist by education and a botanist by interest and education specializations. When I was pursuing the lost culture I ran across a discussion of rice found in pottery. So, out of pure curiosity I dug deeper and found there are studies that not only place THE SAME rice in Japan and China, but, also certain pollens were noted as well. Both lands developed the same rice grain for food. 

So, if China wants to be really paranoid about what land belongs to what country, just imagine what it would be like if there was no Sea of Japan? The future should be interesting.

It is just one of those hobbies I have so I am absolutely sure about the climate crisis and where this is all going. The planet will turn forever or at least until the sun novas. But, the people are in real trouble on this heating Earth. I wouldn't state such a serious problem if it weren't true. I invest a lot time and thought into my statements on this blog.

I thank China for their love of land and people and propagating a Climate Agreement with the USA. It meant a great deal to me.