Thursday, November 13, 2014

The critics expect all veterans are in favor or war. And that all wars are legal and moral.

Don’t expect John Fogerty (click here) to join the chorus of folks who think it was in bad taste for Bruce SpringsteenDave Grohl and Zac Brown to perform his song ‘Fortunate Son’ at the Concert for Valor on Nov. 11.




Iraq Veterans Against the War (click here)

What I find so interesting is "We are still there." Johnson deployed troops and drafted Americans starting at the age of 19. Vietnam was just as immoral and illegal as Iraq. The civilian body count in Vietnam on both sides of the war is estimated to be 1,600,000 precious lives gone.


American soldiers go where and when they are told. They defend this country. President Obama made a promise to them. He stated American soldiers would always know the reason for war and they would have a clear reason for their service.

There are a lot of reasons why the songs of the 1960s are still relevant today.

Thirty-two years ago today, after a week of honoring American veterans, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated in Washington, D.C. With more than 4 million visitors each year, the Vietnam Memorial is a beautiful tribute to the heroes of the Vietnam War.




















No federal funds (click here) were used to construct the wall. Thanks to private contributions from individuals, corporations, veterans and other organizations, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund raised almost $9 million.

"Fortunate Son"

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
Oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no Senator's son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the tax men come to the door
Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, no

Yeah, some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Oh, they only answer, more, more, more, oh

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no military son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, no, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate son, no, no