Thursday, May 16, 2024

The Nobel Peace Prize outcome.

Good afternoon. I took care of my personal life which I love more each day. I want to write about the Middle East and especially the chronic tensions between Israel and Palestine.

But, first I want to share something with you because I think it is important. I try tp prepare myself to write on this blog. Sharing a piece of me is important in this venue. I am sincere in every aspect of my writing. 

Sometimes to prepare for writing I participate in a distraction. One of the distractions I participate in is watching a "You Tube" channel called, "The Clever Cowgirl." She is amazing. She doesn't "break a horse into ride," she gentles them. She is happily married and has a great deal of freedom in that relationship. 

But, the video I watched on her channel today was about a small pony named "Nigel." No she is not British, she lives and works in Montana. She is an American girl. I do consider her You Tube videos and her care of the horses work. Absolutely. She loves the work and boy does it show.

She has several older horses. Horses are magnificent creatures. They think in "herd behaviors" and there is a pecking order among the herd. What impressed me in a different video than this is that she does ride the horses that are capable of being ridden. Horses can be happy being ridden. The one demonstration of that was when she decided to ride "Frisco Bill." He is an older horse she has owned him most of his life. He enjoys the attention she gives him and he absolutely loves being ridden. So, there is no inhumane anything going on in her videos. I mean none.

So this video posted here is what I watched today. The Cowgirl does DNA tests on these horses, and get this, to better understand some of their thinking and behaviors. She is amazing. I like her approach to gentling a riding horse very much. 

But, as to Nigel. He has three breeds found in his DNA. His strongest genes appear to be from the POA (Pony of America). It gives him a super color pattern. He is a stallion and was when she purchased him. He is an aged stallion. She won't geld him because he has been a stallion all his life and needs that physiology to carry him through the rest of his life. If The Cowgirl hadn't come into these horses lives they probably would be dead by now. She intends to take care and pamper Nigel until his end. 

Gentling a riding horse costs more in time and money than simply breaking a horse to ride and wanting a profit margin. The Cowgirl keeps detailed records on all her horses and what it costs to take care of each one of them. They all have a personalized care pattern and plan she measures and creates herself. She has an extensive understanding of horse physiology and no she is not a veterinarian. She does have credentials in the way of experience in life in the horse industry.

This scenario with Nigel is to clip his winter coat so he is not distressed. It is an amusing video all the way to the very end. And smart. This little pony is very smart. She has a great deal of patience and is smarter.

If you care to, enjoy this video of Nigel.