Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Zika has many victims, including the achievements of athletes.

June 22, 2016

...Four-time major winner Rory McIlroy (click here) has withdrawn from contention for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics due to concerns over the Zika virus.

"After speaking with those closest to me, I've come to realise that my health and my family's health comes before anything else," the Northern Irishman said on Wednesday in a statement.

"Even though the risk of infection from the Zika virus is considered low, it is a risk nonetheless and a risk I am unwilling to take."

"I trust the Irish people will understand my decision. The unwavering support I receive every time I compete in a golf tournament at home or abroad means the world to me."

McIlroy has recently slipped to fourth in the world rankings after failing to make the cut at the US Open....


I think it is irresponsible to state Zika virus's risk is low.

June 21, 2016

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (click here) has confirmed the first case of Zika virus in Chester County.

The case, according to the Chester County Health Department, involves a Chester County woman who had recently traveled to an area affected by mosquitos carrying the Zika virus. She was not pregnant....


June 22, 2016
By Robyn Ironside

Australia's favourite overseas holiday destination (click here) has been added to the list of countries plagued by Zika virus, in what could be a huge blow for the Bali honey and babymoon industry.
Travel advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade warns Indonesia is experiencing “sporadic transmission” of the virus which has been linked to serious birth defects.
The warning advises all travellers to Indonesia to “protect themselves from mosquito bites”.
“Given the possibility that Zika virus can cause severe malformations in unborn babies, and taking a very cautious approach, pregnant women should discuss any travel plans with the travel doctor and consider postponing travel to Indonesia,” reads the advice....