Friday, November 20, 2015

Let me say this about Donald Trump.

Donald Trump's style is to accept people at face value. He has stated, "I think the Tea Party are great people." His statement was because it involved Americans. The Tea Party has needed a strong leader that can actually live up to the ideology and be free from corporate tethers that effect elections. The Tea Party wants a stronger leader for their value system. This is America and people are allowed to have the value system they want and if a political party is their either best or only route than so be it.

When I have seen Donald Trump campaign he excludes no one who comes to his rallies and believes he can answer their ambitions for a government. He receives well and listens with an open mind and considers every word spoken to him. I can easily see him in a line of people with one person insisting there was an answer needed with Muslims the way that person understood it. So, because of his approach to his public and his open and come hither friendliness, he is going to be that person who will solve the problem. He is easy prey. That is unfortunate for a journalist who chronically pushed him into a corner.

I am not interested in destroying anyone's reputation, but, then journalism is SUPPOSE TO BE about the truth. The reporting I saw and heard on Rachel Maddow was not the truth and it was an opportunist to insight a feeding frenzy and to promote JEB! once again.

Donald Trump doesn't know me but I have opposed him when building a golf course in Scotland. So, I could easily hate the man and attempt to sink his candidacy, but, that isn't fair. That would be revenge and I am not that person. And when he announced, immediately, he was being dragged through the mud to end his candidacy as soon as he began it. I simply don't see why a loyal member of the Republican Party completely disillusioned with the field can't be respected for his lengthy investment in other men. He has made his campaign himself. He has promoted himself and done so without linking arms with Plutocrats.

Can he be commander and chief. Yep. He has a real respect for the lives of soldiers when he states he is not interested in jumping into a war in the middle east when the country has no relationship to the USA in any way. Why is that controversial?

I sometimes reflect on Walter Cronkite who is a legend. He never leveraged anyone that I can remember. I was mostly young in those years, but, I remember the Kennedy assassination and Cronkite deserves to be a legend. What has happened to this country's media is horrible. And just for the record I opposed Cronkite, too. He didn't want an offshore wind farm near his home and he was wrong.

I so much want an election where the issues are front and center and the USA has real answers to it's problems. I want my Middle Class back and I want my Unions back.