Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Who are we to hate this political season?

I think there is an interesting paradigm at work in American media. I don't care what network it is, the media is attempting to pick winners and losers.

The castigation of Donald Trump is obvious. The media does not want him running for the Republican nomination or President of the USA. He is to fail and go back to a broken life. The latest attack was about Donald Trump's mental health. According to many media sources Donald Trump is narcissistic and unbalanced. He states his credentials over and over to audiences that come to meet him.

Okay.

Then what about Jeb Bush, is he narcissistic and unbalanced?

During Jeb Bush's "I am my own man campaign" he repeatedly stated "My father is the greatest man in the world." Okay. I can understand how a son might feel that way, but, to repeat it over and over is quite another issue. What's the point, if the electorate loved H.W. then vote for Jeb because he is about the same in every way? 

I think Jeb Bush has a problem. He is obsessed to be the second greatest man in the world. He can't be the greatest man in the world because his father has that title. I think Jeb Bush is comfortable with the idea of being the second greatest man in the world. But, how does he feel about his brother being the third greatest man in the world? 

Sibling rivalry can always lead to trouble on the home front. What if Jeb Bush's obsession takes flight if he is only measuring up to the third greatest man in the world? Do we invade another country like Syria so he can prove he is better than his brother. How will history paint him? 

My, my, such mental health issues among the Republican party.  

"W" stated about Saddam, "He threatened by father." And we all know what happened then.

So, when it comes to winners and losers, I think the American people should be given all the information they need. I think the ballot box can determine who are winners and losers in spite of the mental health issues presented by the media. Or should I say, in spite of the lack of mental health issues presented by the media. 

There is no doubt George H. W. Bush is a great man and has achieved great things. He deserves the country's gratitude for his service. That is where it should be left.